Monday, January 9, 2012

Your Idol Has An Idol

I see myself as a pretty cool dude, but I don't think of myself as particularly exceptional. I simply know a lot of the rules of English, along with a good chunk of words, and I know when something doesn't sound good to my ears.

And yet, there are people who look up to me. It comes as a surprise, but I do not turn people away. They aren't wrong to look up to me. I have positive qualities, such as my dedication and my simple-yet-effective style of writing.

Still, though, I am just a person. I do some things well and other things I need to work on.

I think this is a healthy attitude to have for ourselves, but it is also healthy to have that attitude toward others. We're all just people. We may have idols, but our idols have idols too. You are more like the person that you look up to than you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment