Saturday, January 7, 2012

Comments Welcome

When I found out that I could add the equivalent to the Facebook Like button to Cheff Salad, I was pretty excited. Not many people actually comment on my posts, but I wanted to invite people to share a reaction that didn't require the time and effort of typing out a full response.

I'm now getting such responses pretty regularly, which is nice. The point of sharing my writing is to affect other human beings. Seeing regular traffic supports that, and having people click on those buttons makes me confident that not all of my traffic is from bots trying to sell me something.

Still, I am curious about you. What do you agree with me about when you click that button? Absolutely everything? One particular point? Was it simply the story from my life that you also experienced?

What about my post did you disagree with enough to click that button? Was everything I said wrong, or just my final conclusion? Are you upset, or do you merely disagree? What should I have changed for you to agree instead?

Were you actually laughing out loud when you clicked on LOL? Did I actually say something funny? Was the whole thing amusing or just one particular line? Or did you just click it because the first two options didn't really fit (or was it just because you thought it so funny that it was even a possibility to choose)?

Your comments are welcome. They are not needed or demanded, but they are welcome. I am as interested in you, my readers, as you are in me. But not too interested. I don't want to seem creepy and scare you away.

No comments:

Post a Comment