Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lore

I love lore. Every series that I find particularly compelling has a grand lore to it. So very much has happened before the stories ever take place and you get bits and pieces of it as the story is told. The story itself, even if it is small and linear, then becomes part of the collected lore.

But personally, I enjoy large scale stories. I don't want things to be so big that I can't keep things straight, but I want enough things going on that the lore of the actual stories is significantly large even without knowing any of the history.

This is why I tend to like serial works. A story may be shorter because it's episodic, but it adds up very quickly and then you look back and realize you have created an amazing universe. And that is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment