Sunday, January 22, 2012

Have A Good Time

I woke up this morning and went to work. I was productive, got my work done, and spent my free time reading a good book (in this case, my autographed copy of The Zombie Survival Guide). After work, I went to my friend's house, where several people had fun, played some games, watched a movie, and generally enjoyed ourselves.

One might argue that I was a bad writer. I didn't write anything (aside from tonight's post). I did some reading, which is commendable, but that's about it. I didn't solve any problems. I didn't discuss philosophies. I didn't really further any writerly pursuits.

One might argue that the people who would call me a bad writer can shove it. I have read, I am writing, and I have gained experiences. I have absorbed the personality traits of people who are very different from me. I have been exposed to things I would otherwise have not exposed myself to. And most importantly, I had a good time.

Mental health is important. If you aren't happy, you get stagnant. And getting stagnant means you have nothing new to say. And if that happens to you, then why are you bothering to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment