Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Look Presentable

When how you look isn't mission critical, it's really easy to let regular maintenance wait longer than usual. You just figure that you aren't doing anything too important, so what does it matter? Well, you never know when it's going to matter.

Recently, I had a day planned out where I would go cave exploring with friends, then play games and watch movies afterward. No part of that really required getting myself cleaned up. But, I decided to do some grooming just because I wanted to.

As it turns out, while my friends and I were out, I ended up making quite a useful contact. Later on, it occurred to me how fortunate I was not to look like a grungy loser. Looking professional aided in my portrayed image of being professional.

And that is the point. You can never know when the next important person will cross your path. Don't put off simple things like hygiene. No more "I'll do it tomorrow" talk. Do it now. When you make that next important contact, you will be happy that you looked terrific. (And, quite possibly, if you didn't look that good, you may not have even made that contact in the first place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment