Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fix It In Post

It amazes me, the idea of post-production. Obviously it is a necessity. After the filming, there is processing and editing to be done, but more than that, you can fix your mistakes. Bad lighting can be corrected. Bad voice can be corrected. You can damn near make a movie from scratch in post production (probably because it is still production).

Writing is quite a similar process. With revising, editing, proofing, and all the other steps in the process after the story is written, you can fix basically any error that comes up, basically including redoing the whole thing.

It is so calming and relaxing knowing that I don't have to get things perfect the first try. As long as I lay a solid foundation, I'm golden. I can always remodel from there.

Next time you get all antsy about your writing, just say, "No worries. I'll fix it in post."

No comments:

Post a Comment