Monday, May 30, 2011

The Power of Vacation Revisited

Vacation is truly awesome. It is a release from the everyday. It not only allows you to decompress (the joys of doing nothing), but it also allows to do different things.

When you do different things, you think different thoughts. And if you feel like your writing is in a rut (or that you yourself are), then take a vacation and do something different.

My notepad of ideas invariably fills up when I do different things. It is so beautiful. I give myself time to do things, and enough free time to digest the experiences. When I remove myself from the normal distractions, all I have left is the desire to write.

I will work on new projects, pick up old ones left too long on the backburner, and brainstorm ideas for even more.

The power of vacation is undeniable. It's a shame we can't do it more often, but don't forget to do it at least sometimes. Just remember, you're only a writer on days you write. You may be on vacation, but keep making words.

No comments:

Post a Comment