Saturday, May 7, 2011

You Have An Obligation To Create

In writing about Cheff Salad, I made a comment that got me thinking: My traffic drops on days when I don't update. It comes as no surprise, but it is something that strikes me.

I am a creator. Thus, I have an obligation to create. This is especially true since there are people who want my creations.

If you need motivation to write, self-respect should be high up on the list. Set up a deadline, even if it is just once a week, and write something. Put it in a blog to keep yourself honest. Every day you miss a deadline, you should feel bad for not having written something.

If that doesn't work, then think about your readers. People are expecting your next update. Even if you don't think your work is all that great, other people do. When you miss your update, you let them down.

Don't let down your adoring fan base. They're the ones who will do more for you than anyone else. And all you have to do is write stuff for them. And writing is what you want to do already.

P.S. This post was totally written tonight instead of tomorrow because I didn't want to let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment