Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Technical Difficulties

It does not inspire faith when I write about the obligation to create that we have, and then proceed to miss multiple updates immediately after that. For that, I apologize. The reason is technical difficulties. The excuse is nonexistent.

Shit happens. No avoiding it. However, that does not excuse us from writing. Writing is communication, and it is nearly impossible to not communicate. If one method fails, there are countless others. Be resourceful.

Aside from my laptop, I have an old laptop in the closet I can pull out if I absolutely needed to get online or do electronic work. I have my phone that I can write notes in. I have my boxful of notebooks I can write in. I have a pocket-sized pad of paper to write in. I have pens and markers which work perfectly well on my hand if nothing else is available.

Technical difficulties made me frustrated and not wanting to write (and took a good chunk of my time), but it did not actually prevent me from doing that. Next time you try to say that you were unable to get some writing done (whether you are trying to convince yourself or somebody else), take a look around and see if that's really true.

No comments:

Post a Comment