Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Revisiting

You may have noticed that I have been revisiting some subjects over the last few days. It was not intentional that I would do a series of them, but I kept getting thoughts for posts I knew I had covered in the past. Whenever I think that I've written on a subject before, I search through my archive to see if it's already been done. In these cases, I decided that the subject had been covered, but the content was new and different enough to deserve posting. Quite literally, I was revisiting the subjects.

There is definite value and benefit to revisiting a subject. For one thing, there is always more to say. No subject can be thoroughly covered in 5 measly paragraphs. There are new thoughts, more examples, different lenses to try out. Concepts that were glossed over can be elaborated on.

Along with the new thoughts, there may be new opinions. You may have had new experiences or new discussions that changed your beliefs (or at least opened you up to new beliefs). By coming back to the subject, you allow yourself to really consider those new thoughts and opinions, as well as show to your audience that things can change and that there may be more than one equally valid answer.

Just because it has been written does not mean it cannot be revisited.

No comments:

Post a Comment