Thursday, May 19, 2011

Just Keep Going

There is a lot of writing advice out there, rife with tips and tricks to get you writing. Some of it will tell you to just write within a window (but of course always sticking to that window), and others will tell you to use your self-imposed boundaries to gain momentum and let it take you as far as it can. I find them both good options and have tried them both.

Tonight, I am recommending that you just keep going. In yesterday's post, when I was about halfway through, I realized that I could have stopped and saved the second part for the next day (today). One post could be about interviewing people and knowing the difference between common and unique. The second post could have been the part where I say that you are always interviewing people, even when you don't realize it or do it formally.

I could stretch a line of thought in that vein into a week of posts, probably. But I didn't want that. I didn't want my thoughts any more disjointed. I wanted to share all of my thoughts on the subject and leave them all there in a single post.

In doing so, I feel better about it. No leaving people hanging. No leaving myself hanging. I can move on to the next idea, whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment