Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Embrace Change

I took yet another baby step in updating my blog: I added a search bar to the side.

If you were looking for a particular entry, start typing in those keywords and you will be rewarded.

If you aren't looking for a particular entry, then play a game where you type in a random word or phrase and see what it returns. With 890 posts, you have a good pool to choose from.

It is important to update and to adapt to the world when it changes. I do feel like this blog is out of date because it doesn't have any widgets like sharing tools, nor do I put in images or videos. The whole thing is a wall of text.

Part of me is an old codger who doesn't want to change. Part of me is just a lazy lout who doesn't want to get into these things. Honestly, I wanted to find a Random button, but I didn't see a pre-existing widget I could add at the click of a button, so I chose the search bar instead. Oh well. With a random input, you will get a random entry out of it.

Still, though, change should be embraced. If you ignore it, you, too, will be ignored by it and everybody who supports the change. Nothing says you can't take baby steps in the right direction to get comfortable with it, but something does say you shouldn't drag your feet.

That something, by the way, is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment