Saturday, June 29, 2013

Learning On Your Own

Sometimes I think that I learned all the big lessons on my own. I learned how to see patterns and to pick up what people say and how to at with words and tell good jokes and all that jazz. 

Except that I didn't. 

I may have been alone when certain realizations sank in, but I didn't magically think them up. Other people planted seeds in my mind. Conversations and experience were the water and sunshine. And by the time the idea blossomed in my head, it didn't matter that I was thinking about it on my own at the time. 

I have truly learned little to nothing on my own. Sure, my energy was in the equation, but it wasn't 100%. 

With all that said, I do recommend "learning on your own." Seek knowledge. Seek understanding. Seek tools. Such motivation is more valuable than any one thing you may achieve. And do seek people who can help you. They will give you more than your mind might ever come up with on its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment