Monday, June 17, 2013

They Don't All Have To Be Winners

I am currently in an unpleasant dry spell in this blog. I can't seem to come up with new ideas and nothing on my idea list is particularly attractive. I have sought out inspiration, but it isn't always available. 

Despite this, I will not give up. I have had dry spells in the past and I know more will some day come. I must work through them until great ideas once again return. 

What I must remember during these times is that it will eventually end, and that just because these posts may not be my best work, they still deserve to be made. 

They don't all have to be winners. I know I'd like them to be, but it's not gonna happen. I do the best I can with what I have. When I'm in a dry spell, I hope it's enough to get by, and when things are normal, I live it up. 

No matter what, keep trying. Understand that not everything is a keeper, but being a writer is just as much about maintaining the regular practice as it is about creating great works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment