Monday, July 1, 2013

Don't Reject Knowledge

When I was younger, I reached a point where I thought I knew everything. (I hear it is pretty common amongst children and teens, actually.) Every time people told me something, I already knew it. And when they said things that I didn't agree with, they were wrong.

It was a long time, probably about a decade, until my eyes started opening up again. I spent so many years in my own head. Nobody else mattered, especially when they didn't agree with me. In a sense, my growth is stunted because I wasn't learning over all that time.

I understand now that we must learn as much as we possibly can. Learn all the absolute truths you can. Then learn relative truths. Then learn opinions. Learn as many opinions as you can, and all the worldviews that create those opinions.

Don't reject knowledge. Knowledge IS power. The more you collect, the better you will be at anything and everything you ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment