Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Whatever Makes You Happy

I was talking with a stranger today about fashion. It is without a doubt that what I choose to wear is not the norm, but I don't care. I wear the clothes that I think look good on me. When I see myself in the mirror, I feel like I look good, and that makes me feel good.

I told the stranger as much. My outfit does not need to impress anybody but myself. When I am happy, I have no problems. And if I have problems, then I need to figure out how to be happy again.

The same goes for your writing (and basically any other endeavor in life). Do whatever makes you happy. If you feel like you should be writing a novel, but all you feel like writing is slash fic, then write slash fic. It will make you happy.

That said, if you do the thing that you think will make you happy, but you find yourself displeased or unfulfilled, then obviously you need to be doing something else.

Eventually, if you get more broad or more specific, you will find what you need to do to make yourself happy. If you can then actually do that, then you've won.

No comments:

Post a Comment