Tuesday, November 20, 2012

No Other Option Than To Write

I spent most of today outside of the house. It was not my expectation, but it's how things worked out. I was planning to stay in, get some writing done, and clean up some more, but plans changed. Fortunately, I had my notebook and my pencil with me.

I was able to spend several hours writing and finishing the first draft of an overdue story. It was actually really nice being stuck out of the house. I basically had no other option than to write.

It's kind of deplorable how readily my mind wants to do anything other than the task at hand, and it is sad that the only way I can get myself to focus on writing uninterrupted is to isolate myself from the world. But there is one amazing thing this shows: writing is the most versatile activity you can do.

If you have pen and paper, you can write anywhere. You don't need electricity. Don't need Internet. Don't need other people. As long as you can see enough, you can write. If you can't do anything else, you can still probably write.

No comments:

Post a Comment