Friday, November 23, 2012

Creativity In Monotony

In my previous post, I talked about how my mind needs a certain amount of complexity to be satiated and find peace. What I find interesting, too, is that when I am doing something really mundane or boring, I suddenly become incredibly creative.

Maybe it's my mind trying to find any excuse to stop working. Maybe it's trying to find something to entertain itself while painlessly bored.

Whatever it actually is, I am happy to be aware of it. I know how to unblock my mind. I just need to do something mindless like walking or cleaning or folding letters/stuffing envelopes. It's never a guarantee to work, especially if I do it to try to fix a specific block (sometimes the mind really does just need time to process). But it's a great tool. The better I know myself, the better I can do what I want to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment