Thursday, July 18, 2013

Playing Catch-Up

I am a bit overwhelmed because of how much I have to do. I took a 5-day vacation in which I separated myself from the world. I then spent the next two days recovering from my vacation. 

Suffice it to say, there is a whole lot I have to catch up on, and Cheff Salad is fairly high on the list. I don't think in all my years doing this that I have ever gotten so many days behind. 

The struggle in playing catch-up is that feeling that I have to make everything back to normal overnight. That is what gets me overwhelmed, especially when there are so many things I'm behind on. 

The one thing that is helping me to get over that fear and to break past this writer's block is by reminding myself that I can take my time to catch up. Instead of doing six blog posts in one day, I can do maybe two blog posts a day for three days, or something like that.

Catching up only requires doing more than usual. Any surplus energy will eventually get you caught up to where you should be. Stressing out over it only serves to burn your energy uselessly. It makes it harder to catch up. 

So do what you can and don't feel bad. Push yourself to do one more thing than usual before putting the pen down, and know that you will be fine before too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment