Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What Are You Inspired To Do?

People will often ask rhetorically, "What inspires you?" It's not a bad question. Inspiration is a great thing. It stimulates the mind, which in turn stimulates the body. Inspiration is one of the main forces that makes people do anything. But what exactly are you inspired to do?

Not all inspiration is equal. Many things might inspire you, but inspire you to do completely different things. When I watch the Rocky movies, I feel inspired to work out and punch things really hard. When I watch Honey I Shrunk The Kids, I'm inspired to build Rube Goldberg machines.When I have a conversation with my writing friends, I'm inspired to do more writing.

What inspires me is people with motivation. Being around those who are doing things with enthusiasm, because they are awesome, makes me want to join in on the fun and do work of my own. Seeing people who have created things with their own hands inspires me to do the same, so that I might hold things of my own creation.

Before you start asking yourself what inspires you or what you are inspired to do, figure out what it is you actually want to do. From there, the other questions will help you succeed in that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment