Monday, June 25, 2012

Not My Best Work

As I've said before, I periodically read my old blog posts. I flit around, see a title that sounds interesting, and see what I had to say about it at that time. Often, I end up being impressed at what I wrote. It's great to know that I have written good things.

Today, I read an old blog post and I did not get that feeling. I wasn't mortified or otherwise embarrassed by what I wrote, but it was not my best work. It was such that if somebody wanted to see a sample of my writing, it is not what I would present.

I am happy that I can identify the quality of my old works. It doesn't mean that I'm better than I used to be (even though I am), but it does mean my eye is. If I can discern when something is out of place or doesn't connect well, then I am a better reader than I was. And that is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment