Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good Moods Prove Your Potential

I'm a pretty level-headed dude.  When I do get worked up, I usually don't let it surface.  This is a double-edged sword for me.  Sure, I don't get too angry.  There I few things I actually hate.  But it also means I am rarely elated and filled with joy.  I rarely am so excited and full of energy that I want to work for hours on end.

Being neutral is its own funk.  You keep maintaining the status quo.  You keep not being particularly happy, but not being upset enough to actually make the effort to change anything.  It's not depression, but it's not very productive either.

Every now and then, though, I do get struck with a good mood. I want to try my hardest and create something amazing. And when those moods hit, I do something about it.

Good moods eventually fade, but the work I did because of them does not.  It impresses me how much I can accomplish when I'm focused and dedicated.  I want to be that way more often.  I want to be that productive, even when I'm not in a good mood.

The important thing to remember is that it can be done.  Good moods prove your potential.  You physically see exactly how much you can do.  You have a measure of how much to recreate, even when you are only feeling neutral.

I recently was in a fantastic mood.  In that time, I wrote these words:
"I know that inertia is a force that reduces over time, but I am hoping that it has given me enough of a kickstart to allow me to let my willpower keep me moving when this initial burst subsides. I know that I am already doing things I normally wouldn't have done, so I have proved it can be done."

No comments:

Post a Comment