Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Value of Being A Supporter

I'm an ok leader, but I'm hardly the best. However, I am a tremendous supporter. If somebody else wants to take the lead but needs help, I can talk them through the steps they need, and provide the mental and emotional support to stay strong during difficult times. 

Everybody remembers leaders, but they wouldn't even be memorable without the supporters that kept them focused and driven. In kind, supporters go along for the ride. They get to live high on the hog and see things they never would have on their own. 

Truly amazing stories can be told of supporters. The saying that "behind every great man is a great woman" encapsulates this thought. But I challenge you to find more variety and more complexity to tell the most compelling stories you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment