Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Anniversaries

On the day of the new year, I think about anniversaries. January 1st is the beginning of the year, but it is the anniversary of relatively little. It's not the birthday of anyone I know (and statistically no more than 2 of my regular readers are), not the day that I started any activity, not when I won any award. Absolutely nothing happened on January 1st except for the year changing.

Much as New Year's Day is a time of reflection and anticipation, anniversaries encourage us to think of what has happened since the last anniversary (or the original event), and to consider what will happen until the next one. A year is a long period of time; a lot can be done in such a span of time. 

What are your anniversaries, and what will you have accomplished by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment