Saturday, September 7, 2013

Putting The Pen Down

Writing is a pretty important thing to me. When I get a thought that I want to remember, I will pull out my phone or notebook to go and write it down, even in the middle of a conversation. I make the time to do writing. However, there are things more important than that to me. 

Some things are important enough that when they need your attention, you just have to put your pen down. You can always come back to your writing, but not everything (or everyone) has that quality. 

Understand the priority you give to writing and to everything else. Always do whatever is most important to be done at a given time. And if what is most important at the time changes, then change what you are doing. It's ok to put the pen down; just remember to pick it back up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment