Sunday, January 2, 2011

Catching Up

There are around two dozen websites that I regularly keep up to date on.  They are all bookmarked in my web browser.  Four months ago, when my old computer got a virus and I had to wipe it clean, I lost all of my bookmarks with it and never got around to putting them all back.  Not much after that, when I got my new computer to replace the old one, the same thing happened.

I suppose it says something that I could go so long without getting the updates, but as time went by, I wanted them more and more.  This week, I have made the effort to bookmark all my old websites and catch up on all the updates I missed.  Now I am finally caught up.

It's always such a surprise, how different things are between reading a little bit at a time, or a great deal in one sitting.  In comedy, a good joke a day can often make you smirk.  But 150 of them in 3 hours can overwhelm you with laughter.

I can't decide which I like more.  Having a new thing to enjoy every day makes the day brighter.  Waiting for a whole lot of content, which I then consume at once makes for an amazing experience.  I'm just not sure if it's worth the wait.

In either case, you have your options and they both work.  With the internet, you can choose how much you give and how often.  What feels right to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment