Friday, March 1, 2013

Tabletop Gaming Month Extended

Due to popularity and having way too many things to write about, I have decided to extend Tabletop Gaming Month into March. As I reflect on what is now the midpoint of this endeavor, I feel the desire to restate my purpose for doing it.

Role playing games are a truly unique form of storytelling. They are the only true interactive story I have ever come across. However, because they are so very different, they need special examination to better understand.

Tabletop gaming can be expressed in at least as many ways as any print storytelling medium. It is truly complex, and I wish to examine its many facets.

Cheff Salad is a blog about writing, though. When I talk about life, it is for fellow authors to reflect both upon their own lives and the lives of their characters. When I write about tabletop games, I am wanting storytellers of all kinds to reflect on how these concepts affect them.

What can translate beyond role playing? What can translate beyond fiction? What can you implement into your own ideas? What inspires you to create more?

Keep all that in mind as we move into March. Even if the subject of tabletop gaming isn't your thing, writing should be, and everything I have to say will hold true.

No comments:

Post a Comment