Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Long Walks

I am an advocate of walking. It's a pleasant way to travel and a great way to get the mind moving in new ways. Usually, I walk around, let my mind do its thing, and I come up with some cool ideas before I get back home. Today, I felt rather lost and took a walk to clear my head and gather my thoughts.

During the walk, though, I had gone quite a while and still hadn't had any good ideas come to mind. I decided that I wasn't going to go home until I came up with something cool. It took me awhile, but I finally did get one.

This was an interesting experience to me, since I did force my own creativity in a sense, but in another sense, I simply used sufficient discipline to allow my own creativity to come forth. In either case, I walked longer than I wanted to, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment