Thursday, March 29, 2012

You Can Make Something Beautiful

I was listening to a song I enjoyed on Youtube. One of the comments said that the song made him sad because he realized that he could never make something so beautiful. That comment then made me sad because it was the sound of somebody giving up.

The most disheartening thing to me is people giving up because they lost faith in themselves. If you believe you could write something beautiful, then you can. Your ability has nothing to do with others, nor do you need to compare yourself to others.

Some of this may have to do with your view of the world. For me, every time I experience something amazing, my first thought is, how do I do that? I want to figure out what happened and how to recreate it, so that I can use it to power my own creations.

Wonderful things should never depress you. They should inspire you, especially if you are creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment