Friday, December 10, 2010

Don't Get Lost In Heaven

I love taking a shower.  I have warm water falling down upon me, relaxing my body, replenishing it with energy, activating my thoughts, and making me squeaky clean all the while.  It's pretty easy for me to lose track of time while taking such a pleasant shower.

Everybody has something that they enjoy that much, something where they can lose track of the world around them and exist only in the realm of that activity.  It really is heavenly.

Just don't get lost in heaven.  It's good to enjoy yourself, but when you overdo it, you don't get done the things that need to get done.

Sometimes writing is your heaven.  Sometimes heaven lets you escape from writing.  In either case, a good mix of the two makes sure that they both get done (the things you have to do and the things you want to do).  Balance is always key.

No comments:

Post a Comment