Monday, July 26, 2010

Product vs. Process

Why do you write?  Is it that you love the product you create?  Is it that you love the process of writing?  There is no right answer here.  These are deeply personal questions and can only be answered by looking within.

I can see myself taking either side of the argument, so the answer is "both".  I think it's impossible to be solely one or the other.  So it's more about how much of each you feel.

This isn't really meant to prove anything or guide you.  It's just about learning about yourself.  I suppose that if you cared about the act of writing vastly more than you care about the finished product, you would be better off as a hobbyist.  But other than that, it doesn't prove much.

Still, I think it is a good piece of information to have.  It will keep you realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment