Friday, February 1, 2013

Tabletop Gaming Month - Intro

About six months ago, a friend of mine got me into Dungeons & Dragons. I had never played the game before, but I had always wanted to try it out. I'd heard so much about it, and actually knew a lot of nerd jokes that revolved around it, so I really wanted to experience the real thing firsthand.

We amassed enough people to get a game started and have been playing regularly ever since. It has been an amazing experience, and there have been a tremendous amount of things to consider and discuss as a writer and storyteller. I've been holding off on going into the subject of tabletop gaming, partly because I feel like it needs an introduction to prime people who are coming to a writing blog to understand where role playing games come in.

But now I feel as though I have a good handle on this information myself and have enough to talk about it for a month at least. So that's what I'm doing. February of 2013 will be Tabletop Gaming Month, and every day will talk about the subject in one form or another. I suspect it might bleed over into March, and no matter what, I will be using roleplaying games as examples in regular blogs, but I wanted to start with a bang.

So tomorrow, the festivities shall begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment