Saturday, February 20, 2010

Read Slower or Read More

I consider myself a very slow reader. I tend to read at speech's pace. My mom, on the other hand, is a very fast reader. She can probably read six times faster than me. I'm a little jealous of that ability, except that it comes with a serious lack of retention. If she reads the same book six times, she is noticing new things that I noticed on my one and only reading.

The thing is, my mom usually does read something several times, so she isn't missing out on what she reads. I think it's very equitable. We end up spending the same time reading and we get the same amount of information out of it.

If you read slow, don't worry about it. Just make sure you're paying attention. If you read fast, be willing to reread everything for clarity. If you read fast and have full retention of what you read, then go to hell because I'm jealous of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment