Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's Important To You

Some things you write because they are important to you. Some things are important to others (or generically to "everybody"), and those are the ones you should share. They'll have the best return on investment.

I wrote Understand All The Connections mostly because it was a significant realization I had that day. While I am happy it was written and I hope it affected the people who did read it, I didn't go around telling everybody that they had to read that post.

Versatility, on the other hand, I did shove in people's faces. I told everybody about it because I thought it was an excellent piece of writing with an important point that all writers could benefit from being aware of. And although it came from a conversation I had that day, its value to others was why I shared it.

It's totally fine to write both things. Just be aware of which ones you should advertise more than the other. Feel free to make your personal writing public, but tell everybody about the stuff that will get them coming to you in the first place, and will make them curious to read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment