Tuesday, April 13, 2010

If You Love It, Let It Go

I firmly believe that if you get an intriguing idea, you should record it. Carry paper with you or have some electronic paper. If you don't, that great idea will fly away. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to write something down. If you are driving, writing can be pretty tricky. Similarly, if I'm half asleep in bed and just don't feel like getting up to write it down, I'll let it go.

I do try to remember them, but I'm sure I won't by the time I'm next available. However, I make an agreement with my ideas. If they leave and never come back, they couldn't have been all that great. If, for whatever reason, I do remember them again, I will definitely write it down and work on it. Admittedly, it doesn't happen very often. But it does happen often enough.

If you love your ideas, let them go. If they return to you, it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment