Tuesday, December 10, 2013

An Essay In Many Parts

On Cheff Salad, when I have a larger idea that I want to write about, I usually end up breaking it into multiple posts. The idea is that, people would rather read three 5-paragraph posts than one 15-paragraph post. This also allows me to have each post focus on one idea, which gives me ample space to describe it clearly.

When you put these related posts together, they end up forming one more-or-less cohesive essay. And in this format of daily posting, I enjoy writing an essay in many parts.

When I started thinking about it, I realized that you could even look at the entirety of Cheff Salad as an essay in many parts. The focus of this blog is writing, and the understanding of elements that make writing and storytelling more effective (often referring to human nature). In that sense, all of my posts create one megalithic essay (though they are admittedly largely out of order) on writing/storytelling/life/humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment